Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Disconnecting

not quite..

I've cleaned up my desk, packed all of my personal items in a big box, shredded documents, took out the trash. Funny how much junk accumulates over 3 years of setting up camp.

Packing everything was especially difficult. Each item has very distinct memories to it. The letter opener given to me when I was in Tokyo, little paintings from Kyoto, the Japanese fans, small Japanese metro stubs, Autumn Feelings -the painting given to me for my last birthday by a client, my books on communications, pictures of us going out when the agency first started out, little post-its with notes over the past 3-years, and more.

I've also untethered the 'berry from the office calendar and email. That at least gives me some peace and quiet, though I don't get as much email anymore anyway. As Khaylis said, my last day may be this Friday but I've checked out a long time ago.

T-minus 3 days and counting.

No comments: